Thursday, May 20, 2010

Finally Connected!

Hey

We haven't had any internet connection lately so let me cram everything into one blog right now, which may not be too long because I am paying for using the internet....
First, I am so glad I took that typing class in high school because my key board right now has all the letters rubbed off....

Ok we are in Taman Negara right now.... and we found a new way to travel....by boat!
We are on an island and there are no cars around us so if we want to go any where we just hope on our motorized boat and jet.

It took us 3 hours to get to our hostile by boat. It's 8 of us in one room and the other two in a room next to ours. Bugs EVERYWHERE and they are super sized. Must be something in the water. We eat on a floating restaurant every meal which is pretty cool and there are A LOT of cats here....a lot...but the food is pretty good, nothing out of the ordinary yet. All the juices are as fresh as can be. The orange juice we had this morning was like eating an orange, Fantastic.

Yesterday (Wednesday for us) we went on a nature hike....I died it was so intense! But the views were awesome! Then we went on a rapid water ride and got SOAKED. It's like if we jumped into a lake with all our clothes on. Then we went to an indigenous village were there were huts and people wearing clothes as dresses (which actually looked really good). We also got to use their blow darts they use for hunting! I have tons of pictures and videos but I can't upload them until after the trip...so about 3 more weeks!

We also went on a night safari....saw a deer and tons of bugs but since I am still sick my coughing probably scared all of the animals away :(

Today we did the Canopy Walk...very high up, soooo cool!
Now it is our own time to do whatever we want. After this I am thinking about either going back and laying down or maybe find some shopping...

We are leaving tomorrow at 9 a.m. going on our 3 hour boat ride back to land and going on a 5 hour bus ride back to Kuala Lumpur then sleeping in the air port and flying out to Siem Reap.

This is definitely my favorite part of the trip so far.

I got a gift for Eric here but I'm not saying what it is just yet.

Back where their are cars their are TONS of motorcycles around and they mostly drive on the shoulder....and then when some have little kids driving with them they kids sit in the front...but they are so confident in their driving I think they can handle it.

Also back in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where we stayed at the University of Malaya we went to the Batu Caves which had 272 steps if I remembered correctly, that you had to do to get into the cave. There were also TONS and TONS of these little monkeys that were all over the place, they would walk right up to people and tug on their clothes and even steal their food and drinks!
The first night we were their went to Petaling Street. It was so much fun! We got to haggle which is where I bought a purse (just to carry my stuff around in). The guy wanted to sell it to me for 165 Ringet but I got it down to 62 (which is $20 American) YES!

And the international phone that I bought back in Singapore doesn't work any where else...so awesome I wasted 58 Singapore dollars which is 30 American dollars.

In Kuala Lumpur we met Dr. Kennan's friend Lucy who was the nicest person ever! She took us every where we wanted to go and drove us around with her and her own car service (from work). And then when we had to get on the bus at 6 in the morning she was there to make sure we got on the right bus!!!!

She also took us to this Mosk (church - didn't spell it right) where we had to cover up our bodies so they gave us these pink cap/dresses with hoods to wear. that even the guys wore! Great you'll have to see the pictures later!

I have adjusted to the time difference which only took me like a day but I'm still tired alllll the time because we are always on the go go go!!!! And the weather is brutally hot!!

Ok well that's it for now. Who knows when I'll be able to post again, probably soon.

Byyyyyeee

No comments:

Post a Comment