Sunday, June 13, 2010

Final

This will be my last blog
It is June 13th, sorry it took me so long to finish. I am home now :( We came home June 8th
The flight wasn't too bad, it only took 23 hours this time. Our flight left at 5:30 am and got back at 6:23 pm our time. Staying in the airport wasn't as bad this time, I guess since we didn't have to stay there as long as the last time. The food was not as good as it was on our way to Singapore....it doesn't seem like it has been a month since I was just in Singapore...

I really miss Asia, I am really glad to be home, but everything I did in Asia was life changing! What I saw, who I talked to, and just the whole atmosphere can never really be described to the fullest.

The rest of what we did in Bangkok was......
A lot of time spent in the city.
One day we took the water taxi to Wat Pho, where we saw the reclining Buddha, not what I expected to see.

We also went to Y&R which stands for Young and Rubicam, which is a company that works in advertising and public relations, as well as many other services.

On Saturday we went to the Chatuchak Weekend market and OMG it was huge! I got lost it was so big! But I did finish my shopping there!

We then went to the mall that was set on fire by the red shirt protesters, it still smelled like burnt paper. We also saw that there were bullet holes in the glass on the bridge to walk over top of traffic.

On a day where everyone got to do what they wanted all of the girls decided to go to a movie! And I know what your thinking, who goes to Asia to see a movie? Well we did, and it was a good experience because they movie theater was definitely different then ours. You can pay according to the seat that you want! The better the seat the more expensive. We saw Sex and the City 2, which we could all relate to since it took place in a different country and we were in a different country!

After being in Asia for a month now, I really got used to the heat. I really did not sweat as much as I did when we first arrived in Singapore.

I am glad to be home, I really do miss Asia but I think I miss the friends that I made more. I still haven't adjusted back to the time change....considering it is 6:05 am. I got up at 4:30 took a shower and decided to finish my blogging. But I guess it didn't help that I fell asleep at 8 last night.
Well I am sad to be finishing this blog but excited to have stories to tell people for the rest of my life. Thanks for following me on this journey.
Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment